Monday 19 December 2011

Epic Hot Chocolate and EggNogg

I don't know if you guys have watched many cooking programmes this Christmas, but my dad and I always have one on! I've discovered a fantastic hot chocolate recipe, by Jamie Oliver, that I just can't wait to try out for myself.


ingredients

• 2 pints semi-skimmed milk

for the epic hot chocolate mix
• 2 tablespoons Horlicks
• 2 tablespoons cornflour
• 3 tablespoons icing sugar
• 4 tablespoons quality organic cocoa
• 100g quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely grated
• a pinch of ground cinnamon
• a pinch of sea salt




method

Pour the milk into a large pan, and bring almost to the boil over a medium heat. 
Meanwhile, add all the chocolate mix ingredients to a large jar and give it a good shake to combine. You need around 10 heaped tablespoons of the chocolate mix for this amount of milk. Simply spoon the chocolate mix into the hot milk, give it a good whisk and leave to bubble away for a few minutes before serving. You’re looking for that gorgeous, thick, almost claggy, knockout texture. 
Recipe © Jamie Oliver. Recipe from Jamie's Christmas with bells on.



I'd love to make this but save a mug, so when I'm writing my essay's, like I have been for most of today, I can just warm it up and be instantly happy. 


I'd also like to try making eggnogg.. for those Canadian and American viewers, could you tell me if this recipe looks to be a good one to try?
 6 oz rum
- 6 oz bourbon whiskey
- 6 beaten eggs
- 6 oz sugar
- 1 - 2 tsp salt
- 15 oz whipping cream
- 15 oz milk

Preparation: Mix ingredients in a punch bowl until sugar dissolves. Chill for five hours, mix, and sprinkle with grated nutmeg. Serve.



Hope you're getting in the festive mood, I'm almost there.. when I get this essay sorted I think!



No comments:

Post a Comment