Tuesday 5 February 2013

Calligraphy

My mum and I were discussing this when I was at home, and I moan to Michael about it all the time, but I'd really like to have nicer handwriting. So the other night, I was feeling being a little arty and decided to write out some of my favourite quotes for my walls. I wish I had some pencils up here because they're a little bland at the moment but that's okay, an on-going process!

So whilst I was making my new wall art I decided to try out some different fonts, some I already knew and some I was trying, but I came up with these;

Clearly the word 'way' went wrong, but you know, first try was a good one



And after that, well today in my lecture, because I remembered the different parts of the words I liked (joined, curled, line leading into it), I decided to try it out on my lecture notes. I ran into a few problems, e.g. not being used to it and not writing quick enough for all the thoughts in my head, but ultimately I think it went well :)




So, I think I am going to keep trying but not be too hard on myself if it doesn't work out. I think I'll take a proper class one day, that would be nice :)


4 comments:

  1. i love writing with my calligraphy pen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really considered proper utensils, I bet that would make it so much nicer! Thanks for the idea Becca xx

      Delete
  2. Your hand writing is amazing compared to mine! I used to make a deal with my teachers that I could print instead of using cursive because my writing was that horrible and no one could read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good story though! I bet it wasn't so bad though, how is it now? x

      Delete