Monday 6 May 2013

Day 6: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


I do a lot. A whole lot. I'm a sister, girlfriend, daughter, aunt, granddaughter, friend, best friend, student, personal assistant and so on. I am doing a degree, I do work, I am a part of lots of societies at uni and I have a lot of different roles going on. I'd say out of all that, and most of all, a common theme is that I am a helper, and I care.

I can't sit back and watch if someones struggling. I can't not do anything. Whether it's listening and talking it through so the person can get to their own conclusions, or offering hands on advice and writing out lists of pros and cons, my services are always at the disposal of... anyone really, anyone who needs someone.

I guess my current job is being a masters student, so I read a bit, write down my thoughts. Search for the next thing to read. Read it, read around it, read something it recommended, write a little bit about it. Sit and think about it a little bit. If it's sad, I'll probably have a cry too (I find a lot of sociology disheartening, I'm a psychology girl at heart). I check facebook (x 30), I write a letter to Michael. I read some more. I write all the ideas down that have been formulating since this morning (and usually shock myself at where I end, who knew that's how I really felt?). I check out a book an article recommended, and then I write some more. This is technically just after lectures have stopped, I do go to the odd lecture. It's a good life, but it's infuriating. Yes I have time to do good things too (I.E. all the stuff I listed in that first paragraph) but my days always seem so busy, because when you can't really take note of all that you're reading and thinking.. you really just think you're wasting days away.

I don't feel like I've done this post justice.. I don't know, perhaps I'll have a brain wave later in the day, and then I'll update. (Yeah that also means a bit of a snoop at other people's ideas)...


4 comments:

  1. this was nice, now i feel like i should have done it more like you...argh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who even knows what's right! I bet yours is more right than mine!

      Delete
  2. You seem like such an involved person! I wish I was more involved and had more social connections :p
    Also yea I found today's prompt kind of hard to write about, tomorrow's is more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it certainly is which is good! Ha thanks, I think it's because I don't overly get on with the people I live with, like we don't hang out, so I make up for it elsewhere :)

      Delete